Monday 4 April 2011

Evaluation Question One

In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Using

DOCUMENTARY
  • The title for my documentary is very similar to 16 and Pregnant in layout and font ideas


  • Similar shot ideas used in my documentary to those in programmes analysed. I wanted to show realism


ADVERTISEMENT
Though my documentary would be shown on BBC Three (because it fits existing products on this channel) I felt more inspired by Channel 4 advertising.


DOUBLE-PAGE SPREAD
  • The layouts used in both of these double page spreads are very similar. I used the idea of a boarder to make the page more difinitive.

Developing

DOCUMENTARY

ADVERTISMENT
  • Not much development had been made regarding the two posters as my ad mostly challenges it
DOUBLE-PAGE SPREAD
Challenging

DOCUMENTARY
  • My documentary was generally more formal than those shown on MTV and more music was used
  • I had more 'professional' shots and less hand-held style angles
  • I faked reality by using a woman who wasn't pregnant in my documentary, whereas the girl in 16 and Pregnant is clearly heavily pregnant
ADVERTISEMENT

DOUBLE-PAGE SPREAD


No comments:

Post a Comment