Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation Question Two

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

My documentary, double page spread and newspaper advertisement are all linked through the brand image I used throughout the making of my coursework. The fonts, colours and use of language work together to produce a stand-alone product which should be recognisable to my audience.

COLOURS AND IMAGERY

Pink and purple are used on each individual piece of my work - because they are feminine colours - along with Denne Shuffle as my main font so the audience recognise that they are all connected. Also, I have used the same female in each piece - though the camera angles differ on the two print products.



The statistic is used on both print pieces, though it was not featured in my documentary (if it had been longer than five minutes, it would have been used later on). This, again, shows how the pieces link together and keeps the work secretive - viewers would have to watch to find extra information, as little is revealed in the print.

Nature is also a reoccurring thing used in all three products as the photographs used are of local parks and one of the two teenage mothers was also filmed in a park. This is because, I believe, nature can represent children through the idea of birth and spring (note also that the programme would be aired in springtime).

LANGUAGE

The language I used in my documentary is similar to that on my double page spread - the speaker seems passionate about the subject and is generally informal in tone (as are most presenters in this type of documentary).

I believe, and my audience thought so, that, though minor, the reoccurring colours, imagery and general tone came together well to produce a strong, noticeable product.

No comments:

Post a Comment